- Key Skills
Journalist with experience in Online Marketing, Communications and PR, Social Media and Customer Services and Sales. Higly developed communication skills. Strong interpersonal relationship skill in professional contexts and international environments. Creative thinking. Good problem solving and team working attitude. Spanish: Mother tongue, very high standard and business speaking; English: Fluent written and speaking; Italian: Basic level. Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Internet and Social Media. Good Knowledge of Photoshop and Quart XPress. Other tools: Google Adwords, Google Analytics.
- Work Experience
– August 2013 – Currently: FreelanceTravel Content Creator – Trips by Tips; Write engaging, exciting and accurate travel content for this German company that provides original travel content to Kayak, a travel search engine to find best deals on hotels and holidays.
– July 2013: Project Manager – Modem Consultoría; Modem Consulting is a training consultancy that is currently moving into the digital world through digitization and modernization of small and medium enterprises in the province of Ciudad Real (Spain). As Project Manager I was responsible fully of the planning and execution of a project for SMEs in the trade sector. The goal was to create their website and to train the entrepreneurs in the management of both the website and social media channels. I was in charge of developing and delivering the report for the official Administration in behave of the entrepreneurs.
– July 2013: Trainer – Modem Consultoría; In charge of teaching Internet courses to employees, unemployees and self-employed with a low level of Internet in order to help them to find job and/or develop their SMEs on Internet.
– March 2013: Freelance Marketing Assistant – Blue Lavender is a small florist based in Barnes (London). Some of the duties:
· Create the E-Mailing Marketing Strategy
· Create templates for the Newsletter and a calendar
· Prepare a short-term Marketing Plan
· Train the owners how to use a self-service marketing solution for the Newsletter
– February 2013: Reporter –El Ibérico (London); Write new content for the website and the newspaper in Spanish.
– January 2013: Freelance Community Manager –The Viral Factory (London); In charge of carrying out the viral campaigns in the Spanish and South American markets through Social Media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, blogs and websites.
– March 2012: Spanish Sports Correspondent –Anchorfan Sports (London); In charge of translating and writing new content for this UK Social Sports News website (http://www.anchorfan.com/cristinahontanilla )
– April – November 2012: Sales & Marketing Manager– Action Cameras Spain (London); Action Cameras is Europe’s leading specialist action sports camera retailer. In charge of:
· Content Management and translation; check website ensuring all content were shown correctly and update all images and products’ prices, translate products’ features from the UK site to the Spanish one
· Positioning the brand with more events across Spain and more partnerships
· On page optimización
· Monotoring customers activity on the website through Google Analytics and customize content and products to facilite their purchases.
· Off page strategy: link building and long tail content creation
· Emails campaigns; Newsletters to old customers, recent customers, sports memberships, universities students, etc… (Vertical Response)
· Telemarketing effors to event promoters in Spain
· PPC campaigns; search keywords using the Google’s Keywords Tool, create ads and bid management hand to hand with an external agency.
· Social Media management; monitoring Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Linkedin channels, creating original social engagement and carrying out promotions and competitions on Facebook.
· PR duties; writing and editing articles about our products, sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
– May 2010 – March 2012: Web Content Manager and PR Executive– Communications Group Oretania (Puertollano, Spain); Responsible for the content management of the web (http://www.oretania.es) and few local newspapers, writing original and unique content. In charge of developing communication and PR plans for parties and city councils in different towns of the area, managing the PR aspect of potential crisis situations, writing and editing speeches, articles and annual reports. Editing and drafting press releases as well as reporting the press coverage weekly to the clients, and answering press inquiries. http://www.oretania.es/?s=Cristina+Hontanilla
– October 2011 – March 2012: Freelance writer– Infohostal (Madrid); In charge of writing new content for this travel website (www.infohostal.com).
– October 2008 – August 2010: Sports Journalist– Lanza News (Ciudad Real, Spain).Part of the sports section, covering different sporty events such as basketball, football or tennis matches, writing articles and interviews for the newspaper but also content for the digital website. http://www.lanzadigital.com/buscar.html?field_search=Cristina+Hontanilla
– January – October 2008:. Junior Account Executive– Aubyn Group (Madrid); In charge of writing press releases, assisting in the events organization, carring out Communication and Marketing plans according to the clients values, managing the PR aspect of potential crisis situations, writing and editing speeches, articles and annual reports. Editing and drafting press releases as well as reporting the press coverage weekly to the clients, and answering press inquiries.
– June – October 2007: Writer – Vault LTD (London); Responsible of translating and writing economics profiles for publishing two books.
– August – September 2006: Newsroom Receptionist – Elle Magazine (Madrid); Responsible of preparing meeting rooms, calls management and taking messages, editor’s diary management and keeping in order all the file folders.
– January – July 2006: Telesales and Customer Service Assistant – Orange Spain (Teletech) (Madrid); Part of the customer service department. Inbound and outbound calls.
– September 2005: Event Manager – Amiguetes Entertainment (Madrid); In charge of coordinating the ‘Torrente 3’ premiere committee, contacting the VIP and follow up their assistance, receiving them at the cinema’s door, looking for the after premiere party and arrange meeting for the senior manager and film director.
· October 2001 – June 2005: Bachelor Degree in Journalism – Antonio de Nebrija University (Madrid, Spain)
- Other courses
· May – September 2012: English Business– British International School (London)
· February – April 2012: Coaching (200h.) (Puertollano, Spain)
· January – April 2012: Community Manager (250h) (online)
· October 2010 – April 2012: Photography Course (Puertollano, Spain)
· Oct. 2009 – June 2012: Italian Course – Official Languages School (Ciudad Real, Spain)
· May 2007: First Certificate of Cambridge – EFSE (London)
- Other information
· Passion for Photography. Check out my personal blog on http://rincondelsilencio.blogspot.co.uk/
· Full and clean driving license